Friday, February 12, 2010

Wasting Time

Lindsay Lohan Looking Like Jesus

So Lindsay Lohan isn't reverent to Jesus. We might even venture the assumption that she doesn't exactly believe in the Divinity of Christ. On the eve of Lent, the photo, appearing in a fashion magazine that (no surprise) I've never heard of (perhaps it's popular, I don't know), has sparked some anger in the Catholic community.

Why?

Not knowing Lohan personally, I can't exactly say that I'm more (or less) concerned about her soul than I am every other person I've never met. With that said, why do we sit around and care that some famous actress is disrespecting Christ? Are His feelings more apt to be hurt by Lindsay Lohan than Judas? Than the thief on the cross next to him? I'm sure God, Christ and the Holy Ghost woke up this morning, logged into their Yahoo accounts, saw the magazine cover and gave up all hope for America.

Et tu, brute? If we don't have that Lohan girl on our side, we don't have anything. The world is lost. Call Luci, tell him he's won.

The problem here is that for quite too long, Christians have been fighting to keep the culture of America Christian. What from the Bible suggests that we can create a culturally Christian nation? Some sort of haven where Christians won't be made fun of for being different? Do we want to fit in so bad to this world that we need the culture to conform to our standards? The Bible seems to make it clear: world or God, Egypt or Israel.

A waste of time and effort, and all it does is heap more abuse on Christians from those who enjoy doing that. Do you think people may enjoy doing this because some Christians are too thin-skinned and react way too easily? I mean, how fun is it to dress up like Jesus and be irreverent if the Jesus followers don't pitch a fit?

Our culture hasn't been a reflection of Christ for decades, if ever (remember, don't even look at a women lustfully?).

Don't even try to tell me that Lohan is a role model to young women. If your daughter looks up to Lindsay Lohan as a role model, you may need to do something drastic.

Like get rid of the television.

Don't worry, no one will know you're standing up for God. They'll just think you're going green.

No comments:

Post a Comment